Solved Report with summary at start (1 Viewer)

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:57
Hi Everyone,
I've got a report which is based on a risk assessment. The assessment contains various tasks and each task has several hazards. The report works fine but would it be possible to have a summary at the start of the report eg: a list of each task and the hazards contained within it (just a list and no details before the main report begins) ??
I haven't found any threads dealing with this and would appreciate any advice.
I know i'm not providing much info but just wondering if it's possible before stripping the database and posting the relevant parts.

Thanks a lot,
Em

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:57
Use subreports with the summary at the top?

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Gasman....i had it in my head that you couldn't do that for some reason. I tried it earlier and made a copy of an existing subreport, put it into the report i was working on, and took some parts out and it worked. However, when i opened up the subreport which i had made a copy of, the bits i took out were missing from that one aswell ??. So, i suppose i'll have to build a completely new report for the summary ?
Sorry if this is getting confusing !

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:57
That would indicate to me, it was not a copy.?
Can you get the previous from a backup DB?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:57
Yes, Make a new report for the summary. I would put it on the Report Header. That section is printed once and only once at the beginning of the report so it won't interfere with the rest of your detail.

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks a lot guys.....most helpful as always

Em x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom