report (1 Viewer)

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:03
Problem 1:

Report is falling off page, I have blank pages between page numbers. I looked at the width on the page and it looked ok

Problem 2:
Also on my report I have
part number 123, type Leg, Time 10:11 am and
part number 123, type Center, Time 10:11 Am

and the report groups/keeps entries together

then once in awhile it will separate them so there are lines/test entries inbetween???

I want everything to stayed grouped so when we run the report the information is together.

If you open frmSearch1 form put in dates 1/14/08 to 1/15/08 and click on part number 12570814 and look at the time stamps, the first enter is separated from each other. I hope I explained this ok.

Last edited:

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 12:03
Hope,

you had the horizontal lines on your report too wide for the page which is why you were getting the 'blank' page. I have fixed that in the attached version [Deleted by OP Request].

As for the 'blank' lines, open up the Test table and have a look. You'll notice that there are a couple of records that don't actually have much information (eg, testid 168). When these show up in the report, they appear to be blank because there's no information to display for that record. It is not a formatting error in the report, it is a result of having incomplete records in your table and/or not being sufficiently selective in the criteria for your report's recordset.

You can delete the offending records, or set some criteria for not null in the relevant fields in your source query to avoid this 'problem'.

Also, for the future, you should probably also either attach the db to your thread, or add a link to it, so that other people on the forum can assist you if they haven't seen your other thread.

Last edited:

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Craig, and I just attached the db whiling you were writing this, and look at the db and you will see what I mean which the line separating the test fields. Most records have to line one for leg and one for center and they enter this at the same time that is why you will see part 12540814 leg 8:05am with data and 12570814,center 8:05am with data. When you enter the dates above you will see there not posted together

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 12:03
As I said before, your horizontal line was too wide for your page (the gray one in the footer) thus the blank page.

As for the record sorting on the report, you usually specify the desired sort order in the query behind the report. In this case, I've changed it so that in addition to arranging the records by ascending date, it then sorts by ascending time within date, and by ascending type within time.

See attached. [Deleted by OP request]

Last edited:

Hope

Registered User.
Local time
thank you

Thank you again Craig for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom