Reports- Printing (1 Viewer)

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:03
Hey all, I have a problem I was hoping that someone could help me with. I am trying to add my digital signature to my report. Since I have added an activeX Control to my form which display and stores my signauture, I would like to display it on my report as well (if it apperas with the record) So I added it like any other control to the report but when it is saved it is letters and numbers, so I have to make it back into a digital signature. Can anyone help me.Thanks

JoeCruse

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:33
Sarah,

what is the ActiveX control name?

I also have a report using this to show the signature, and it works okay. Be sure that in the report's underlying query that you have a field for the memo field from your table that holds the actual signature, as a text string. You will need that AND the ActiveX control.

In mine, the ActiveX is a SIGPLUS.SigPlusCtrl.1 class control, named SigPlus2. It s Visible attribute is set to Yes, and the text field for the actual signature has its Visible attribute set to No.

Good Luck.

Edit: Forgot the code in the Detail's On Format Event:

Code:
Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    SigPlus2.ClearTablet
    SigPlus2.DisplayPenWidth = 12
    SigPlus2.JustifyMode = 5
    SigPlus2.JustifyX = 10
    SigPlus2.JustifyY = 10
    SigPlus2.EncryptionMode = 0

SigPlus2.SigCompressionMode = 1

SigPlus2.SigString = LCDSignature.Text

End Sub

where SigPlus2 was my ActiveX control and LCDSignature was the text field with the control source having the text string that represents the digital signature.

Last edited:

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply JoeCruse. However my my memo field actually hold the memo string, not the text. That is why I cant see my signature on my report. It is the string of numbers and letters. My Active X Control is the same as yours. Once the user writes there name and saves it it goes to the table as a memo field. I would like to display the Signature on the report after it is saved, since some records will have a signature and some wont.

JoeCruse

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:33
Right, Sarah. Mine does the same thing. Does your report have similar code to what I posted in the report's Detail section On Format? That last line tells the ActiveX control that it is to be what the text string in the memo field is, and represent it as a signature. Even though it is stored in a memo field, the data is a text string, and a long one at that. Whether the field in the underlying table is a text field or a memo field, it does not matter (well, it had better be a memo field because of the number of characters stored), a TEXT string is being stored.

Mine works fine when set up this way, and displays records that have no stored signature as well. Whatever you name the ActiveX control and the text control in the report, make sure you reference them by those names in the code in the Detail section's On Format section, or nothing will happen.

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Yes this is the code in my detailed section of my report
SigPlus1.ClearTablet
SigPlus1.DisplayPenWidth = 12
SigPlus1.JustifyMode = 5
SigPlus1.JustifyX = 10
SigPlus1.JustifyY = 10
SigPlus1.EncryptionMode = 0

SigPlus1.SigCompressionMode = 1

SigPlus1.SigString = Signature.Text

However I dont get anything. Oh I understand a bit more now, thanks for the clarfying.
The name of my activeX control is SigPlus1 and the name of my text control in my report is well i have the activeX control on the report since i made it generic so should it be a text with a name like rptrignature? Signautre is what what the field in my table is called and then text field on my form that the variable is passed through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom