requery action on multi combo boxes (1 Viewer)

jatfill

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:14
ok, after four hours I got the first part of this to work... but now it's driving me nuts

I have a form that has three combo boxes; the selection made by the user in box1 determines what is available in boxes 2 and 3. This works with no problem, I added the requery option so if they changed the selection in box 1, 2 and 3 would do a requery.

The problem is, when I run the form as continuous records , after you add record 1 and proceed to record 2, it resets boxes 1 and 2 on record 1 and record 2, so the previous selections on record 1 disappear. I thought Access recognized a control specification as the active control... is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

jatfill

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:14
OK, 5 cigs later I realized this was futile, so I went a different route & I thought I'd share:

I changed the form control to single form view, and added a subform to the footer... tinkered a little bit and now when you create your record and make your selections, it updates to the form on the footer, every time your create a new record in the session, the subform on the bottom refreshes with the new value. This way users can see/edit what they've created as they're going along.

Yes, I am that proud... sad thing is, it's a gorgeous Saturday and I'm still sitting here ;-) love those deadlines

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom