Requery unbound combobox on mainform (1 Viewer)

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:00
I have a form "Clientfrm" with a field, "ClientID".
I have another form, "HomePage", with an unbound combobox with rowsource "ClientID" from Clientfrm. Along with that, I have an Open Form button that pops up "Clientfrm" to display existing data if an existing ClientID is typed.
SITUATION: A nonexistant ClientID is typed into "HomePage", a blank "Clientfrm" pops up with the field "ClientID" blank on the Clientfrm. Once filled out and closed, I am back to the "Homepage" to enter another "ClientID". However, the combobox does not display the new "ClientID" until the "Homepage" is closed and reopened. How do I fix this?

I tried the Me.ClientID.Requery on the On change event of the combobox of the "Homepage", but that is not working. What should I do? SHould I instead put that code in on change event in the "ClientID" field in the "Clientfrm?" Thanks!!

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:00
Save the newly added record before opening the form:
Code:
If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
Save the newly added record before opening the form:
Code:
If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
WHich Event AND which form's field do I put this in? And does it matter that my combobox is unbound?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Like I said before, save the record before you open the form. I gave you the code for saving the record.

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
IM sorry I am a beginner at VBA. Where do I put this code?? ok I am in design view of "Homepage" and on the property sheet of the unboound combobox. I am at the event tab. Where do i place this code?

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
Next to this combo box, i have a button I created from the wizard that opens Clientfrm.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Go behind the Click event and put the code before it opens the form.

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
i put in on the on-click event of the unbound combobox on the homepage and nothing happened.

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
I alread have a macro for the on click event to open Clientfrm. How do I place the code before it opens the form

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Convert the macro to VBA. There's a button for this, look into it.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't need to see your db ngsabath93. If I do I'll ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom