Ribbon hiding! (1 Viewer)

ryetee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:23
I'm trying to 'lock' down a lot of 'features' so that the user doesn't inadvertently cause any problems.
As part of that I have hidden the ribbon using DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo when I load the first form.

For reports on the Open event I use DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes to enable the ribbon and on close I again use DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo to disable.

Everything is fine except when eenabling the ribbon I'm getting the "file" tab as well which allows user to go into options an undo a lot of the security. Can I hide this at all?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:23
The preferred approach is to NEVER open up the ribbon. Instead, build a switchboard form and do your DoCmd.Openxxx (form, report) stuff through command buttons on that switchboard. If you want to maintain control of your DB, a bad place to start is one that allows users to get to the ribbon primitives.

ryetee

Registered User.
Local time
The preferred approach is to NEVER open up the ribbon. Instead, build a switchboard form and do your DoCmd.Openxxx (form, report) stuff through command buttons on that switchboard. If you want to maintain control of your DB, a bad place to start is one that allows users to get to the ribbon primitives.

I only want to open up the print TAB. I seem to have disabled all the other tabs but can't disable the file tab.
Is there no way in doing this other than what you suggest or have a customised ribbon?

Ari

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:23
Hi

What is your version of Access? One solution is to create a custom ribbon that allows configuring BACKSTAGE, the FILE tab

ryetee

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

What is your version of Access? One solution is to create a custom ribbon that allows configuring BACKSTAGE, the FILE tab

That would have been useful to state up front wouldn't it - it's 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom