Right Click to Insert Object?? (1 Viewer)

jdp103

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:42
I have a database that I completely redeveloped from scratch. On one form I have 4 OLE Objects so that people can attach links to files. In the old database, you just had to right-click and the insert object box came up...but that isn't working in the new one. I can't remember if it was something that I set or if there is something different about Access 2003 that doesn't allow that. I can't find anything on the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Jessica

jdp103

Registered User.
Local time
Although this is GREAT functionality, what I am looking for is for when you have an OLE object on a form to store a link to a file. Before, the user would just right-click on the mouse and it would bring up the Insert Object Dialog box...but it doesn't anymore. Now you have to select Insert from the menu to bring up that box. I am not sure why this isn't working anymore.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
IMHO: The users should never be allowed to access the default right-click options.

What about running this command from the OnClick event of a button...
Code:
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInsertObject

jdp103

Registered User.
Local time
I tried using that command, however, then that takes away the ability for them to open the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom