Rope tornado (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Yesterday, 18:05
I sent this to a friend in canada. I didn't even know that tornadoes had names to them, like wedge, cone, rope, etc... I do now.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:05
I have heard various names given to different tornadoes over the years (grew up in the midwest USA). I fear all tornadoes. I fear the largest ones the most since it is hard to get out of their way.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:05
Seems like there is another name they use. They have a huge base (several hundred feet). Probably nothing official, just what the media calls them.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time

conception_native_0123

Local time
What about rapidly descending chili cold air or freezing cold air like in the Hollywood movies? That's not good either

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If we are going to talk about vortexes (vortices?) in Hollywood movies, let's not forget that most terrifying of all tornadoes - the Sharknado.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is no accounting for what people will watch. However, Hollywood frequently shoots for the lowest common denominator. The Three Stooges may no longer be among us, but stupid and violent slapstick comedy is here to stay.

Yes, I am aware of how many Sharknado sequels were made. (Answer: Too many!) I am also aware of how many reasonably famous and talented actors took roles in the sequels, potentially because they saw some money - but also because ANY acting job helps you retain your Screen Actor's Guild card for a while longer. If you ever see a movie review that talks about an "equity job", the implication is that the SAG card was about to expire. After acting even briefly in a real stinker, all of a sudden your SAG card is good for another year.

conception_native_0123

Local time
I had no idea about the sag card issue. And as far as the number of sequels made for sharknado, I'm pretty sure it was more than five.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:05
Hmm, watched Sharknado with grandchild then gave her a lesson about tornado's and hurricane's after I got asked "Can that happen?". Another grandchild asked "Where does Godzilla live?". Yep, learned all about dinosaurs and why those, on TV, don't live and technically, that one never lived. Did the same thing after watching Jaws with my daughter when I got asked, "Do sharks take revenge on people?" Learned all I ever wanted to know (not really) about tornado's, hurricanes, dinosaurs and sharks.

Waiting patiently to see what I will learn about next, one young grandchild left. :unsure:

conception_native_0123

Local time
If there's only one grandchild left, I'd say you're over the hill gina. And no that's not about age

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:05
Hmm, I am hopeful that there are great grandchildren in my future so the learning\teaching continues.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Potentially, my oldest grandson COULD come up with a great-grand, but he's not romantically involved that we know.

I do know that my father-in-law lived long enough to hold his 1st great-grandson. We've got ONE picture of the two of them, and old Roy's face was lit up like a Christmas tree. He passed three months later so didn't make it to T's first birthday. But then, neither of my parents were around so little Mr. T only had one great-grand for that birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom