Rotate Type 90 degrees on Reports (1 Viewer)

R

ROC_DAN

I am trying to print a label two part label where the first part will print with standard horizontal type and the second part of the label is turned 90 degrees from the fiirst. I would like to be able to print both parts of the label in one pass, but can't figure out how I can rotate the text.

jtoole

Local time
Today, 10:15
Use the vertical property under the "Other" Tab. The only problem is that it turns the text so it can be read from the left side of the page. I'm stumpted as far as turning it so it can be read from the right.

Anyone have any ideas?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:15
That always seemed like the wrong orientation to me also. At least there is one more person who thinks the rotation should be the other direction:)

aranj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:15
No, I agree too. Belatedly!
Is there a way?

aranj

Registered User.
Local time
As per other threads, I have tried using the RotateLabel ActiveX Control Ver 2.0 control from www.lebans.com. Specifically http://www.lebans.com/xrotatetext.htm

It mostly works for me, but when the fields I want are bound to this control, they are often replaced by the caption and/or are not updated when scrolling through records. I note it was developed for Access97 and errors have been reported by users of various versions of NT. I am using A2000 and XP, so...

Anyway, surely there must be a way to do this?? Although if Pat has never found one...!
Anyone any idea?

aranj

Registered User.
Local time
Well I've resolved it in a clumsy way.
With a font editor, I rotated an entire font set and saved it as a new font.
Then used the StrReverse function to reverse the string content.
Hope that helps somebody.

JOC

Registered User.
Local time
Bump - OK, people are still searching for answers to this - how do I know that? Because one of them was me I found this thread as an early Google hit! However, I also have a solution :-D

If all you need is a text label - facing the 'right' way i.e top of the letter of the first word at the bottom left and bottom of the letter of the first word at the bottom left, then there is a much easier way of doing it than rotating the whole font set if you have MS Publisher. Create the label in Publisher - then pull it to the correct orientation with the label spinning tool that attaches to the box. Then cut and paste the label to the Access report in design format and it will miraculously maintain the right layout even when the report is printed. A certain amount of resizing and moving can be done in Access to the created label, but between the resizing that can be done in Publisher and Access and things like the sneaky create a transparent box outline in Access and put other controls onto it I easily stuck a dozen column labels into an Access report in double quick time and they all faced the 'right' way.

I hope this helps someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom