Run sub in Immediate Window, qualifying it by the open Workbook that is its VBProject parent (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 19:03
Uhh, this is happening to me a lot this week. I have a Sub in a parent workbook's vb project, open. I want to run that sub in the immediate window quite often. Subname "arg","arg","arg"

However, to get some other information (for those Arg's), I have to switch back to ANOTHER open workbook window (totally unrelated to the vb project I am referring to). When I go back to my immediate window, type the appropriate command and hit Enter, Excel is like, Hey, this doesn't exist.
Not until I double-click in one of the vb project's modules (etc), can I then go back AGAIN to the immediate window and do my thing.

Please tell me there is some way to enter something more fancy in the immediate window, like:

ParentWorkbook'sVBProject.ModuleName.SubName "arg","arg","arg"

..like I believe there is in Access! Hit me experts!!!!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 19:03
Okay, i went ahead and stopped being lazy....I created a GUI to show me all open workbooks, select one, then show all worksheets in the book, select one, then show all columns in that sheet, then select one, then run the Sub with those parameters.

Still, if anyone has this information (if it indeed exists), it will be great to post it for myself as well as all those poor SOBs who come in future generations to this god forsaken country. Cheerio !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom