Losing validation on workbook transfer from Android phone to PC? (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:14
Hi all,
I asked this question back n Jan 8th in the MrExcel forum, but got no response whatsoever. :)

Consequently I am asking here, if anyone has a clue as to why this is happening.

Here is the post link https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threa...from-android-to-windows.1226333/#post-5999532

Here is the post.

I have a workbook that I transfer to my Android phone to use in the week. I am a volunteer with the local community car scheme and this workbook keeps tracck of all my trips and mileage/amounts involved.
At the end of my week, I transfer the workbook back to my laptop, 1 - as a backup, 2- to be able to add the new trips when I get them from the controller. During the week, trips are added directly into the phone workbook.

I have noticed (and this has only just been happening recently) that I lose the data validation I have when the workbook is opened in Excel. I am using 2007.

Now the even stranger event is that it does not happen to all the columns, just one? :(

There is no code in the workbook for when it is opened. I have just added some code to reset the validation from code found at How to add data validation to a cell using VBA

Anyone have any idea as to what is happening? I could understand it somewhat if it was all columns, but not just the one.?
I can live with my macro for now to reset it each time, but curious as to the cause.:unsure:

I use MyPhoneExplorer for the transfer.
Curiousity is getting the better of me. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom