Run Time Error 70 Permission Denied (1 Viewer)

JithuAccess

Local time
Today, 03:15
Hello Guys,

I have an Auto Back Up code in the Exit Button click of my Database. It was working fine. Due to COVID my colleague is working from home. He is Using Windows 10. When he is clicking on the Exit button, he is getting an Error like “Run Time Error 70 Permission Denied”

Could you please let me know how to fix this?

Thanks

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:15
does he has "permission" on the folder (esp root of c:)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:15
Hello Guys,

I have an Auto Back Up code in the Exit Button click of my Database. It was working fine. Due to COVID my colleague is working from home. He is Using Windows 10. When he is clicking on the Exit button, he is getting an Error like “Run Time Error 70 Permission Denied”

Could you please let me know how to fix this?

Thanks
Code?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:15
When working remotely, you have two sets of file permissions that must be considered. First, the permissions of a person logged in locally to the machine that is the host of your destination folder; second, the NETWORK permissions for a person NOT locally logged in to the host of the destination folder. It is easily possible for the same person, when logging in from two different places, to see two different permission profiles.

The test is simple. First, determine WHERE the files are going if you run this backup. Then, from that person's remotely located machine, have that user browse to the folder that is the target of the backup operation. If there is a file in that folder, have your user RIGHT-CLICK the files to bring up the file properties. From properties, select the security tab. From there, select the "effective permissions" tab and determine what access rights the person has to that folder.

Do the same test for someone who is NOT working from home. Compare the permissions. They probably will differ.

JithuAccess

Local time
Today, 03:15
When working remotely, you have two sets of file permissions that must be considered. First, the permissions of a person logged in locally to the machine that is the host of your destination folder; second, the NETWORK permissions for a person NOT locally logged in to the host of the destination folder. It is easily possible for the same person, when logging in from two different places, to see two different permission profiles.

The test is simple. First, determine WHERE the files are going if you run this backup. Then, from that person's remotely located machine, have that user browse to the folder that is the target of the backup operation. If there is a file in that folder, have your user RIGHT-CLICK the files to bring up the file properties. From properties, select the security tab. From there, select the "effective permissions" tab and determine what access rights the person has to that folder.

Do the same test for someone who is NOT working from home. Compare the permissions. They probably will differ.
Sorry. My colleague doesn't have access to the Folder where the Database is Backing Up. My apologies, that was a very stupid Question I asked.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:15
My apologies, that was a very stupid Question I asked.

No. A stupid question is one that you consciously know the answer when you ask it. What you asked was a very human question. You are forgiven for being human. (Though of course if any extraterrestrials want to join the forum, I'm sure Jon would not object.)
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom