Running macros in Access to perform functions in excel (1 Viewer)

Anauz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:13
hi

I have some data in a multiuser db that i want to create a graph from. What i am doiing is exporting the data in excel with some code, and manually creating the graph in excel.

What i want to do is write some code in access that will create the grah automatically.

I thought about creatin a macro in excel and run it when i needed to. But the problem with that method is that the macro is over written evert time i export data to excel. Also i did not want people to add the macro in excel to their personl file in excel.

Can anyone help?

thanx in advance.

DES

Technoweenie
Local time
Yesterday, 19:13
The problem with creating a graph in Access is where do you get the data from?

Currently by the sound of it you are exporting the data to Excel. Instead of doing this just send it to another table even if you make it a temp table.

From there you can insert a graph on either a form or a report as you wish with the insert chart from the insert menu.

As for automating the procedure well that is another story. Get the graph working and get back to me.

DES

Anauz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:13
The problem with doing the graph in Access is that it will only allow me to put in 6 fields/columns when i have well over 20. Thats why i tried to export it into Excel.

[This message has been edited by Anauz (edited 05-02-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom