Running sums over different groups (1 Viewer)

ErinL

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:50
Hello -

I am wondering if it is possible to create running sums across two different groups on the same report.

I have a report in which I would like the tote cube column to increase as picks are added and the module cube column to decrease as picks are added. I do want the running sum for the tote cube to reset with each new tote ID. However, I do not want the module cube to reset with each new tote ID but rather with each new module.

I'm sure this explanation is very confusing so I am attaching a sample of the database I am working on and also a JPG image of the report showing how I would like it the work.

Would someone please tell me if this is possible? I have been working on trying to figure this out for quite some time. :banghead:

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Tacoma Box Count 1.accdb
    556 KB · Views: 69

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
From your jpg, I can see what you want to sum.

Try creating the totals you want in a subreport, rather than in a group.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 05:50
Don't do anything.

I'm sure it's doable, so I'll get back to this one way or the other tomorrow when I'm rested.

Last edited:

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 20:50
Yeah, in a report you can have global variables in the VBA module, and you can also handle the Format or Print event of each report section. So, in each detail section, sum each value to a report-global variable, and print the new running sum. Also, in appropriate headers' Format or Print events and for appropriate globals, reset the values back to zero so your running sums can start over, or not, as the case may be.
hope that helps,

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 05:50
Fixed , but only in PrintPreview - i.e. you need to go to PrintPreview to see the effect. Unfortunately I have no more time for this, so if unhappy ask someone else.

Attachments

• Tacoma Box Count fixed PrintPreviewOnly.accdb
    552 KB · Views: 69

ErinL

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate all of you taking your time to help me.

And thank you spikepl for attaching the fix so I can see what needed to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom