Running Total of Dues owed (1 Viewer)

Shawny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:10
I was going to start this with a big thank you for all the help you folks give me, then I see a way I can help you. Your help center is now my home page. I would not be as successful in this dB stuff without you.
Question: In a dB that records dues paid on a monthly basis-
how do I calculate dues owed? Each month more is owed. Can access keep track of that without me having to go to each record each month and do the math and keep a record?
As always,Thanks

Rob.Mills

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:10
I'm sure it can but I'm a little confused by your explanation. Can you provide more detail?

Shawny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:10
Each month, certain types of members owe certain dues. These could change over time. I need to keep track of how much they pay every month, which is no problem. How do I determine if they have paid what they owe? How do I keep a running total of what they owe?
Some of the things that are confusing me:
How does Access know the total owed, if the total gets larger evey month? How do you say 'add $15 to this total every month' without the user having to add a record.

Rob.Mills

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:10
To solve the problem of knowing whether the member has paid the full amount:

Create a query that has the member name and other pertinent information. Then in one field create an expression that is the amount due minus the amount paid. Then in the criteria say

>0

This will show all members that still owe.

Won't the user have to add another record for the member when entering how much they paid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom