Runtime 'can't find activex' error (1 Viewer)

DNewman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:16
Access 2010 on both Windows XP and Windows 7

I have an application which USED to use a postcode address utility that created an Activex.
I have removed all references in vba to the utility but Access runtime gives an error 'cannot create Activex' on my clients PC's (both with Windows XP and Windows 7).
On my own PC the error does not show with either full Access or simulated runtime.
I have tried decompiling the database and even using the old trick of copying the modules code into Notebook and pasting back, but to no avail.

Any hints at a solution would be gratefully received!!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
>>>On my own PC the error does not show with either full Access or simulated runtime<<<

Are you really saying that your clients machine only has the runtime version on it?

DNewman

Registered User.
Local time
No! The error does not come up on his PC's with full access - the problem only occurs with those that have run-time. Perhaps there is a (well) hidden, now redundant, control on the relevant form that still calls the Activex 'successfully' in full Access but Run time is unable to call it??

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The distinction I am trying to find is when you get the error, does the machine have 1) full MS Access 2 ) MS Access Runtime 3) full MS Access and MS Access Runtime... I don't know if it's related to your issue, I just wanted to note that when you have both versions on the same machine things don't always work as you expect.

DNewman

Registered User.
Local time
The error appears when runtime only with no full access is installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom