runtime error 3075 dlookup Resulting In Null Value (1 Viewer)

ivonsurf123

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:28
Hello,

Hope you can help me to figure this out, had tried everything I know and nothing works, keep giving Nulls, It was working before, but then start giving nulls.

Code:
Private Sub Form_Current()

If Me.NewRecord Then
        Me.lblRecordCounter.Caption = _
         "Record " & Me.CurrentRecord & " of " & Me.Recordset.RecordCount + 1
    Else
         "Record " & Me.CurrentRecord & " of " & Me.Recordset.RecordCount
    End If

Me.CD1_Width = Nz(DLookup("[Width]", "tbl_ClientDataFormat", "Field = '" & Me.CD1_Width.Tag & "' and CustomerSpecific_ID=" & Me.ID), "")
    Me.CD1_Format = Nz(DLookup("[Format]", "tbl_ClientDataFormat", "Field = '" & Me.CD1_Format.Tag & "' and CustomerSpecific_ID=" & Me.ID), "")

End Sub

Private Sub CD1_Width_AfterUpdate()

Dim rst As Recordset
    Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Select * from tbl_ClientDataFormat where Field= '" & Me.CD1_Width.Tag & "' and CustomerSpecific_ID=" & Me.ID, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges)
 If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO tbl_ClientDataFormat ([Width], [CustomerSpecific_ID], [Field]) " & _
                    "SELECT '" & Me.CD1_Width & "', " & Me.ID & ", '" & Me.CD1_Width.Tag & "';"
 Else
    rst.Edit
    rst!Width = Me.CD1_Width
    rst.Update

End If
 rst.Close
 Set rst = Nothing

End Sub

Private Sub CD1_Format_AfterUpdate()

Dim rst As Recordset
    Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Select * from tbl_ClientDataFormat where Field= '" & Me.CD1_Format.Tag & "' and CustomerSpecific_ID=" & Me.ID, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges)
 If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO tbl_ClientDataFormat ([Format], [CustomerSpecific_ID], [Field]) " & _
                    "SELECT '" & Me.CD1_Format & "', " & Me.ID & ", '" & Me.CD1_Format.Tag & "';"
 Else
     rst.Edit
    rst!Format = Me.CD1_Format
    rst.Update

End If
  rst.Close
 Set rst = Nothing
End Sub

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What is the data type of "Field"? What values are in the Tag property of the two controls?

Edit: and what line throws the error?

ivonsurf123

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Paul,

What is the data type of "Field"? = String

What values are in the Tag property of the two controls? = String

Me.ID= Numeric
Edit: and what line throws the error?

This line for both Width and Format, it throws Null on Me.ID and "" Me.CD1_Width

Private Sub Form_Current()

Me.CD1_Width = Nz(DLookup("[Width]", "tbl_ClientDataFormat", "Field = '" & Me.CD1_Width.Tag & "' and CustomerSpecific_ID=" & Me.ID), "")

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Nothing is jumping out. Can you attach the db here?

ivonsurf123

Registered User.
Local time
Sure, I can.

Attachments

• Database2.accdb
    1.1 MB · Views: 77

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What steps do I have to take to recreate the error? I'm cycling through records on the customer form and not getting an error. I note there are no values in the table to be returned.

ivonsurf123

Registered User.
Local time
Within the forms, you find two subforms when open frm_PartnerNetwork_AgencyMasterlist, then if you stay on tab "Agency Masterlist" start passing records, will recreate the error, see before when I was able to add data for ID 3 and ID 4 on Customer Specific, now I can even pass the records on Agency Masterlist tab, as soon as I get to ID 5 it throws that error 3075

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think you're on a new record at that point. Presuming so, Me.ID returns Null so the DLookup criteria is invalid. You may want to put those lines in the Else of the NewRecord test.

ivonsurf123

Registered User.
Local time
No, did not work same error, I'll keep trying. Thanks.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Really? I switched to this in the current event and I don't get an error anymore:

Code:
    If Me.NewRecord Then
        "Record " & Me.CurrentRecord & " of " & Me.Recordset.RecordCount + 1
    Else
        "Record " & Me.CurrentRecord & " of " & Me.Recordset.RecordCount

Me.CD1_Format = Nz(DLookup("[Format]", "tbl_ClientDataFormat", "Field = '" & Me.CD1_Format.Tag & "' and CustomerSpecific_ID=" & Me.ID), "")
    End If

ivonsurf123

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, that's exactly what I did but still not working....I'll do some more tests, I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom