Sacked Thief gets awarded €750 (1 Viewer)

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 14:48
I can never understand how a thief who comes up with the most preposterous reason for stealing end up with the lie being taken as truth. It happens all the time.

Recently a drunk or an idiot who drove the wrong way up a motorway blamed his satnav for sending him up the wrong lane. And it was taken as a mitigating reason for his stupidity. The simple minded judge didn't think to ask if he had difficulty with maths and that the satnav saying "take the fourth exit" meant Nº 4 and not Nº 3.
But maybe it was dark and he couldn't see his fingers.

As an aside ; apparently the only people in the shops that wear masks now, are shoplifters and pickpockets.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Recently a drunk or an idiot who drove the wrong way up a motorway blamed his satnav for sending him up the wrong lane.
I nearly had a head on collision with someone on a dual-carriageway. I was driving to my home in Brighton and was in the outside (overtaking) lane of the road, doing about 60mph. In the distance, I saw some object but thought nothing of it. Within seconds the car was heading straight towards me with a probable combined closing speed of 120mph. No wonder it arrived quickly! I couldn't pull my car over to the left lane because a car was already there. It veered past me onto the grass verge. It all happened so quickly, with no time to think.

About 500 yards up the road, several cars had virtually stopped and there was lots of mud on the road. Maybe it went down a bank or something. Drugs, alcohol, escaping police, someone gone mad or suicidal. Who knows? Fortunately, I live to tell the tale but it was a close shave.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Same happened to me on the M25. It was late new years eve, or rather early new years day, around 2am. I was driving back to Essex having just done a gig in Kent with my band. Doing around 70 or 75 mph car coming straight at me, lights blazing, I had room to swerve as traffic was light but I really thought it was the end. Horrible feeling.
Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom