Save Form?? (1 Viewer)

jonp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:30
I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I have a form that has a command button that opens a dialog box to give the user printer and email options. I originally did not want to have a dialog box but when I ran out of room on the form (22") I had no choice.

The dialog box scraps email information from the main form. When the users try to close the dialog box it will sometimes ask them if they want to SAVE changes to this form. The dialog box is not bound except for a simple query that obtains the email information.

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? I think the problem will dissipate when the DB is split but I am not ready to do that yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JONP

jonp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:30
I think I have identified the problem. I forgot that when the dialog box is requested, the form is SAVED, then it will open the dialog box. Then when others use the form it thinks that the form has changed and asks them if they want to resave.

Anyway....

I guess my question is this. How can you just save the current record rather than the entire form itself??

Thanks from Texas,
JONP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom