School days (1 Viewer)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 15:14
The original joke is coming up on its third anniversary so if you did not get the joke by now it might be time to move on :)

I'm still waiting to see what's funny about the original post

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:14
I see it as a political satire and like most satire it is based on truth.
Americans have no idea of satire, they simply don't understand it:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

I find it laughable that if you use irony, or satire, or perhaps the clever use of the English language on these forums, you can end up getting a warning from certain US mods, or your post gets edited, or in an extreme display of power mismanagement and egotism, you get banned.

Yet, if you use the word "fuck" then it is allowed with no modification, or apparent comeback at all.

What does that say about American standards? Should Americans actually be mods? They seem to have difficulty in understanding certain posts.

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time

Aren't you the one asking for the satirical content of the joke you posted to be explained to them?

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 15:14
LOL Rish, the joke is just getting better and better all the time. Perhaps you should read what you copy and paste to make sure you understand the words before you post them. You do realize you are asking someone with English as a second language to explain a satirical joke that is in English.
I appears that our self proclaimed skilled intellectual debater is ill prepared for a battle. Perhaps now you might also discover that a debate is more then posting one or two sentences with a little smiley face contrived just to bait people.
Perhaps ColinesSex can explain how satire works from an British perspective as it seems that there are huge differences between what people in your little area of the world understands as humour compared to the majority of people on this planet. Just ask him to explain with little words and not foul ones in single quotes as that might draw you down to the gutter also.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
No, I'm asking 50 what he finds funny

Something to do with you posting a satirical joke as a reasonable assertion and then berating others for not getting satire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom