Solved Secure table from being imported into excel (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:52
How do you encrypt the BE using RC4 encryption? I would be interested to know as without this it's easy to find the password of a normal password protected BE.
If your BE is an ACCDB file (rather than MDB) its actually very difficult for anyone to hack the password.
The easy way to find it is by looking at the linked table connection strings.
However if you remove the navigation pane, ribbon and Access options menu then distribute the FE as an ACCDE file, it is very unlikely that end users will be able to open a password protected BE ...nor will it be possible to view the data in Notepad as its encrypted.
However you can add an extra layer of protection using RC4 encryption on your data with the result that even if the BE password is deduced/known, the data will still be unreadable if the file is opened. To see how its done, see the earlier version of my example database at http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/encrypted-split-no-strings-db/4594566347
For the purpose of this DEMO, I have deliberately left the example app so the code and BE can be viewed. Note that I am aware of security loopholes in that earlier version (hopefully since fixed) but those are unrelated to the RC4 encryption part of the code

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom