Security in Access 2010 (1 Viewer)

zyousafi

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:57
I am making an Attendance Management System (AMS) and I need to distribute the "front-end" of the application to several employees. One major concern I have is the security that I can or cannot place in the "front-end" file. Is there anyway to disable Design View, the right-click menu, and the full toolbar? I have been able to hide the database objects and lock the navigation pane; however someone may still be able to access parts of the application they should not access via the toolbar. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as I have searched the net for several days and have had no luck in implementing some of the solutions out there.

dportas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:57
What DBMS are you using? If security is a requirement then you cannot / should not use a file-sharing system like a Jet/ACE database. Use a client server DBMS such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle etc. Attempting to hide parts of the UI is no kind of security at all.

zyousafi

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:57
I understand where you are coming from; however I really have no experience with SQL Server. One of the great things about Access is that it lets you rapidly develop small and simple applications; however that simplicity is what I am trying to overcome right now. I have, via XML, been able to hide the UI - I made a custom ribbon and I display that custom ribbon when the application opens. I guess this will have to work for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom