Solved Setfocus to newly added record in subform (1 Viewer)

Rene vK

Local time
Today, 01:42
I am using a separate, unreferenced, form to input a new record to a client-table. This extra form has a check-sequence before it will add the new record. Maybe it is a bit more work but the user can't add an empty record to the database.
Sorry for the dutch example in the attachment :)

Attachments

• Antwoord-p01.PNG
    Antwoord-p01.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 79

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:42
Your problem hasn't been clearly stated. Either it is that a user cannot add a new record as you've written, or it is that you can't set the focus to a field in a new added record as per your thread title.??

Rene vK

Local time
Your problem hasn't been clearly stated. Either it is that a user cannot add a new record as you've written, or it is that you can't set the focus to a field in a new added record as per your thread title.??

No Micron, I was just showing the solution(in another post) I use to inserting a new record donkey proof. (in another post)
In this application I struggled with the clients knowledge of IT. The choice of her client is via a combo, showing personal info. Sometimes she needs to add info to or edit a record, I fix that via a "edit" button that toggles the AllowEdit. With a popup I make sure she inserts a new client in a controled manner. I know this is not the best Access-way but it works flawlessly.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, I would think that you'd just post your solution in the other thread?
In the least, state here that this is a solution and include a link to your other thread? You should probably be able to edit this one if you care to do that.

Rene vK

Local time
Hmm, I would think that you'd just post your solution in the other thread?
In the least, state here that this is a solution and include a link to your other thread? You should probably be able to edit this one if you care to do that.
My post was moved out of that thread by Cheekybudda.

Rene vK

Local time
OOPS, sorry, splinter in the eye!!!
the message I got was :
Your post in the thread Setfocus to newly added record in subform was moved to Setfocus to newly added record in subform. Reason: I moved your question to a new thread where it will get more attention.
After that message was one that mentioned Cheekybuddha answered in the thread my post was moved out of.

My appologies

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Just seems bizarre to move a solution to a thread into a new thread for pretty much any reason, but it is BC (before coffee) so maybe that's why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom