SharePoint List/Table Problem (1 Viewer)

DinkyDon

Local time
Today, 08:55
Hi all, I've been having a recurring issue with using SharePoint Lists as the data source for my database. I'm trying to get it to a stage where everyone in our organisation can use it, and SP lists seems to be a good way to do it, with the back end tables uploaded.

However, I've come across this issue which I'm unsure about. The editing of currently established records is AOK, but creating a new record now doesn't work as an ID Number isn't automatically generated, which means that when I search for the new record on my Homepage form, the new record doesn't show up.

When I look at the table in the front end file, there are two ID fields, one is done by SP, and is autogenerated, but the original is no longer filling in a new number when a new record is creating, and it's this column that is preventing the new records from being recognised.

Any help would be appreciated!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:55
I noticed you have yet to receive a reply, hence I am bumping your post up the list...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:55
Hard to say what's going on without seeing it in action. Would it be possible to see a demo?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:55
That is pretty scary. Start with a query that compares the values in the two fields. If they are not the same, you will need to reload the SP lists (they really aren't tables) if you have any related child tables because they will be out of whack.

Before doing the upload again, make sure that you have RI set between any related tables so that SP knows to keep your PK values or fix up the links itself.

If you still end up with a separate SP field, that is the one you are going to have to use. You should then remove your old PK. I don't have access to a SP site so I can't check this out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom