Shout-Out from DevHut (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:12
You only forgot about the prolix old doc and the also-tedious loquacious religious zealot

You are only as old as you feel. And for the record, I only feel old on going up the stairs... and also in those moments that, ten years ago, would have had me turn my head when a pretty lady passed by. Now, my neck is too sore and a full-body turn-around would be rude.

As to the zealot, ... which one? I've sparred with several and actually wouldn't use "zealot" for most of them. Maybe "inappropriately convinced" but not zealot. The latter has such negative connotations.

And since our other resident curmudgeon has been named, I will point out that all I do with him is offer a public warning for specific behavior that, in my view, slightly oversteps the boundaries of decency. Gotta give him a reminder now and then, after all. But trust me - my bark is usually far worse than my bite.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 17:12
I've been here only for one year. And I don't know him that well, but from what I saw in his posts, he respects the royal family very much (like every other British).
I'm really interested in what he has to say about Spare (the book).

Yes, and I think it's possible his disdain for HarMeg is perhaps even greater than his respect for the royals.

I think he should take comfort in the knowledge that, despite what it may SEEM like from watching Harry and Megan make the USA their new home, that DOES NOT MEAN that the USA is receptive to them.

I view Megan as a very narcissistic, self-absorbed person of seemingly low character who has attached herself to the theory of "I'm a victim" but not only done that, done it in the most laughable and ridiculous way ... a person clearly mostly white who is claiming to be black for the sole purpose of getting more "poor me" attention. In an effort to restrain myself, that's all I'll say on her.

Harry may be no worse than the typical man who, via infatuation with the woman he sets about to marry, overlooks all her flaws and slowly becomes convinced of everything she tries to persuade him of, over time. While this may sound romantic to some, the reality is, it is the equivalent of one person who retains your average level of interest in "self improvement", with the other person immune from all criticism, being somewhat worshipped and under no sense of urgency to do anything about their flaws. Now I have meddled into the more complex aspects of gender and marriage, but this is a fascinating study and one any husband is familiar with. I've had some conversations with my wife about this myself, and to her credit she has been mostly receptive to the idea - the basic truth that both of us, not just one of us, ought to be sincerely trying to be (become) the best person we can be--rather than all of the "fix yourself" focus going in one direction, with the man terrified to ever encourage this due to his loving adoration of his wife. A balance is certainly needed.

As for Harry, eventually believing her manipulative lies 100%, taking them as his own, defending them, and all the while having apparently no idea how completely insane it looks to almost everyone else. I say this because 1) it's a common phenomenon between men & women (men overlook gigantic personality and character flaws in a woman because they are getting the main thing they were after), and 2) because I sense a "progression" in him that can be explained not by anything having actually changed, but him merely becoming slowly persuaded to adopt her philosophy in life and buy into it until finally "not seeing clearly" becomes "totally blind".

A vast majority of everyone I run into personally feels essentially the same way. Unfortunately, with respect to Megan's attempt to monetize her Nothing into Something like any good Kardashian-type, it only takes a small % of the population's interest to still make millions on Netflix.

Then there are a few more people who will buy or watch something, even while totally disagreeing with its premise, just for entertainment purposes. I try to intentionally avoid doing that because I hate the idea of financially supporting something loathsome.

Between those relatively minority groups of the USA digital-content-consumer-population, she has plenty to live on.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:12
@Isaac I agree with all of that.

Harry has turned from someone I liked into a complaining idiot, who's hypocrisy knows no bounds. Lecturing on things like climate change while flying to polo matches in a private jet. Constantly going on about being a victim, dragging up dirt on his family and then spewing it to as many people as possible in order to enrich himself.

And while I am at it, Megan was complaining she had mental health issues during Covid lockdown while staying at Windsor Castle, and nobody there was helping her with it. Well, what was her husband doing? If she had issues going on, why is it incumbent on others to sort it out? Why was Harry not sorting it? Entitled, complaining hypocrites. I can't stand either of them!

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@Isaac I agree with all of that.
I feel compelled to add, I got VERY lucky with my wife. Not in the traditional "I'm a piece of garbage, she's a perfect princess" stuff that you see in a lot of couples, but more the fact that she has been receptive to some of the things such as that I've brought up to her. And I try to be equally honest when it comes to the weaknesses, vices, or blind spots of the male gender. The most important thing is to REJECT modern society's repeated, baseless assertion that men and women are identical in every way - go ahead and embrace our strengths, admit our weaknesses, and do our loving best for our families! I got very lucky that my wife sincerely wants to be the best wife she can, and if I tell her things gently, she'll make an effort. And vice versa (although I respond to scoldings sometimes too!) :D

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I agree with that too. We cannot be the same because we are biologically different. It seems to be old school to view reality as what it is, and fashionable to manipulate perspectives by aggression, perverting the truth in order to enforce a false ideology.

I did add to my post whilst you were writing your reply.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
I think Harry fell for Megan because she has the same nose. It brought out the narcissist in him. At least he's attractive. I'm not sure that Bianca would be flattered by saying she looked like Mick.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I watched a clip from 60 minutes where Harry talks about being dissatisfied with his mother's death investigation. He lost his way when he was 12, and started down a very self-destructive path. His dissatisfaction with the Royal lifestyle goes back long before he met Megan.

I'm not making excuses for their bad behavior just repeating what he's already stated.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Megan was complaining she had mental health issues during Covid lockdown while staying at Windsor Castle, and nobody there was helping her with it.
I would not want anyone helping me, or my house hold with mental issues. It's practically a taboo subject.

I think that would be true for most people, and particularly true for Megan and Harry....

It has the quality of a "made-up story" a poorly considered story at that ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom