Sickness / Symptoms After Pfizer Covid Booster Shot? (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:49
FWIW - 24+ hours after a booster AND the old-age double-strength flu shot, the only aftermath is soreness in both arms. Shots were administered less than 30 minutes apart. Had a little soreness because I tend to sleep on my side, but no other effects.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 13:49
FWIW - 24+ hours after a booster AND the old-age double-strength flu shot, the only aftermath is soreness in both arms. Shots were administered less than 30 minutes apart. Had a little soreness because I tend to sleep on my side, but no other effects.
glad to hear it went so well. i've started getting flu shots too, they haven't given any trouble that i know of.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The most important takeaway if you have concerns over the flu shot? Both the Moderna and Pfizer were made using egg albumen as the incubation medium. People with egg allergies would have trouble with flu shots. If that happens, then you can't take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines either, because they are made the same way. Conversely, if you have no trouble with the flu shot then the Pfizer or Moderna shots won't bother you.

Contrary to some of the more bizarre beliefs, there are no nanobots or microtransmitters in the vaccines. The needles they use are too thin. The vaccines will not cause you to grow a second head. (Though two heads ARE better than.... Oh, let's not go there.)

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
The most important takeaway if you have concerns over the flu shot? Both the Moderna and Pfizer were made using egg albumen as the incubation medium. People with egg allergies would have trouble with flu shots. If that happens, then you can't take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines either, because they are made the same way. Conversely, if you have no trouble with the flu shot then the Pfizer or Moderna shots won't bother you.
Just hearing this, shouldn't the drug companies explain this more,i.e those who are likely to have side effects?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Just hearing this, shouldn't the drug companies explain this more,i.e those who are likely to have side effects?
Unfortunately, they only EXPLAIN when they *have* to ... Like when facing felony charges for knowingly pushing harmful products, which all 3 vaccine makers have before.

Or, 40 years after the drug was wildly popular but when it was first found to be killing people (like Ranitidine...)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yeah, or the "bad boy" drug of my generation - thalidomide, which was an anti-nausea sedative that led to birth defects in women who were pregnant when taking the drug. The biggest effect was babies born with malformed or missing limbs. There was a LOT of explaining to do after that little jewel.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yikes! glad by the time of my wife's pregnancy it was all promethazine!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:49
I know of people whose parents have died because they DIDN'T take the vaccine.
Were they offered treatment IMMEDIATELY or were they told to tough it out and call back if they couldn't breathe?

@Isaac The reason you can't find anything about reactions is because Google and Facebook are diligently blocking them. My daughter's friend who went blind in one eye due to a stroke after she took the vaccine had found and joined a Facebook group. But FB decided the group was spreading mis-information because they were sharing symptoms so blocked them with no notice. Color them gone.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Were they offered treatment IMMEDIATELY or were they told to tough it out and call back if they couldn't breathe?

@Isaac The reason you can't find anything about reactions is because Google and Facebook are diligently blocking them. My daughter's friend who went blind in one eye due to a stroke after she took the vaccine had found and joined a Facebook group. But FB decided the group was spreading mis-information so blocked them with no notice. Color them gone.
That's sad.

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 20:49
November 2022 a friend of mine had the booster. In December 2022 had a blood clot and died. Maybe unrelated but his widow isn't having any more jabs.

We protect ourselves by keeping away from crowds and queues. Supermarket shop is at 7am, or other quiet time. Now will not eat any food which is made by someone we don't know. So no meals out since 2020. Never did use takeaways*, which I think were a major cause of the spread of Covid from 2020 to date. Cook for yourself or take a risk. Your choice. Some of the new ones popping up are small factory units or garages. Are they inspected now with all the council staff working from home?

* in the 80's a friend of mine was a wholesale fish merchant delivering to restaurants and takeaways. He said that in the kitchens of the indian and chinese there were always open and unopened cat and dog food tins. So you now know what that spongy bite is in the meal.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
November 2022 a friend of mine had the booster. In December 2022 had a blood clot and died. Maybe unrelated but his widow isn't having any more jabs.

See, that's the problem. Unless your death was under suspicious circumstances, they find primary cause of death and stop looking. So the reason for the blood clot won't show up in the death certificate. It is rare to get "the cause of the cause" in most cases. My father-in-law passed of what was probably a heart arrhythmia, but there was no autopsy. He was old, on cardiac medication, and there was no evidence of violence. It looked just like he had dozed off in his recliner, his arrhythmia stopped his heart, and he never woke up. (Let's face it - there are FAR worse ways to go.) So his death certificate read "Heart failure."

My mother's death certificate is unusual only because the doctor who had been treating her had done some preliminary work. She passed of toxic shock syndrome pursuant to kidney failure with a contribution from Alzheimer's Disease (because it kept her from assisting in her renal diagnosis.)

Therefore, Cotswold, I am sad for the loss of your friend, but unless he had a particular blood clotting disorder, getting a clot one month after getting a vaccination is probably two independent and unrelated events.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
the reason for the blood clot won't show up in the death certificate

I understand that undertakers that drain the bodies of fluid have noticed an increase in blood clots in the cadavers.

Cotswold

Local time
Therefore, Cotswold, I am sad for the loss of your friend, but unless he had a particular blood clotting disorder, getting a clot one month after getting a vaccination is probably two independent and unrelated events.
TheDocMan, you may well be right that there isn't a connection but you do automatically look for a reason and think could it be this or that. I was not involved in the events at the time as I live 200 miles away. He was fairly fit, not overweight and no issues. But I know that is no warranty for the future.

One problem I have is if we can we be sure that the medical profession is being honest with us. They do have to sing the party line on Covid issues. I do know from people in the periphery of the NHS (National Health Service) where there is a collective and unexplainable preponderance of specific issues related to the jab that they have observed and are free to comment on. Additionally around 30% of NHS staff have refused the jab. At a consultation earlier this year the nurse asked if I'd been vaccinated, and I told her no. She then said that she had but wouldn't be having it again.

I don't know about the USA but in Britain there are now two versions of the vaccine that have been suspended, which were pumped into people with confidence and assurances only 18 months ago. We just don't know which is the best choice. We all know that unapproved flu and Covid vaccines have been used extensively since 2020.

In investments I will make my own decisions from my own investigations. That way someone else doesn't invest my money until it's all gone. I will tend to think that if it is your money you'll take more care of it than if it's someone else's money. Maybe I make less but I will take less risk. I'll follow the same theory with health matters.

Life is problems, and decisions need to be made. However it is my opinion that there are more people out there who will let you down, than will help you. When I was working there were only about 10% of the staff who were really good at their job. The rest varied from acceptable to useless. There will be tradesmen that you'll never use again, or garages that you'll not take your car to. I suspect it will be the same in the NHS. So you have to think, is the guy advising you in the 10% group, or is he in the also rans?
A doctor once said to me “if you ever have to go to ‘name of local hospital’ you need to be lucky with who you meet” Words of advice and the result of his experience and observations.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
TheDocMan, you may well be right that there isn't a connection but you do automatically look for a reason and think could it be this or that.

This is exactly the same reason why we have religion. Everyone wants to know "why" even when there might be no satisfying reason. Why did it rain? The actual (short) answer is "chaos theory applied to colliding air masses of varying high humidity and temperature" - but not many primitive people could offer that answer and even fewer would understand it.

In the Zen approach, you observe that something exists or has happened. Your first question is "So here we see X. What must I do about X?" So often, the answer is "nothing" but that isn't good enough for many folks. So they start looking for deeper meaning where there IS none.

The problem with "looking for a reason when there IS none" leads to speculation. But even in mathematics, there are cases where you can look for something that isn't there and yet will come up with an answer. For example, take a shotgun. Aim at a target that is essentially a really big sheet of graph paper. Determine the coordinates of every pellet that strikes the target. Now run a linear X-Y style of regression on that pattern. You WILL get a straight line out of it even though there is no reason on Earth for why you would have run the regression.

Cotswold

Local time
@TheDocMan I don't do religion, in fact you could correctly say I don't believe in it.

But in some events probability and statistics could be used to give a stab at a reason, albeit inconclusive. Which is the area I was pointing at.
We will never know why in this instance as it hasn't been investigated. But to me I took it as anther reason for me not to take the booster jab. Maybe I am wrong but who can say I am? Well nobody can up to now as I'm still here, so speculation cannot commence. And hopefully will not for a very long time.

In matters medical it is so difficult to be sure. There is the old evergreen when someone dies there may be an opinion that they had not been treated or prescribed correctly and that contributed to early death. The treatment by the doctor involved in an earlier consultation would say in his defence that he treated the patient correctly for his symptoms at that time. Doctors bury their mistakes and the rest of us can only speculate.

However I would still maintain that there is a reason for everything. Whether it is known at this date or not. If we do not know then we will no doubt call it chance.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
However I would still maintain that there is a reason for everything. Whether it is known at this date or not. If we do not know then we will no doubt call it chance.

Actually, a discussion along these lines occurred between Albert Einstein and Robert Oppenheimer regarding the probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics. Einstein was a "strict causality" proponent whereas Oppenheimer worked with probability-based nuclear properties. This was the basic argument that led Einstein to have (supposedly) said that "God doesn't play at dice."

Unfortunately for A.E., it would appear that the QM side of the argument was right. Not everything has a firm and distinct cause.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:49
Much of medicine is conjecture and In the opinion of Mr. Scott, the doctors of today are much like witch doctors and "modern" treatments not much better than the leeches of old. Leeches are coming back into favor BTW;)

Modern medicine, especially organized medicine in the form of the CDC and FDA lost a lot of cred over COVID because they allowed themselves to be manipulated into spouting the government propaganda rather than the actual science as they knew it. You can tell by Faucci's earliest pronouncements regarding masks and distancing because they were the "settled" science of January 2020. He was twisted into pushing voodoo "science" somehow and it went down hill from there once the "deep state" determined that this was an outstanding opportunity to take control over the entire population to see just how far they could be pushed. They were pretty successful. There were only a few countries around the world and a few states in the US that didn't kneel down at Faucci's feet and suck his toes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom