Sickness / Symptoms After Pfizer Covid Booster Shot? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:14
Anyone had, or knows someone, who has any information on what they felt or how bad they got sick after the Pfizer booster (3rd) shot?
If so, it would be most helpful if you reported how many months it had been since their Pfizer second shot as well.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
With no community experience having been shared, I now have the distinct pleasure of doing my own reporting. May it help someone else on their way to planning a booster on Monday vs. Friday:

- 2nd Pfizer dose 4/23/2021
- Pfizer booster (same thing, 3rd dose), 180 days later

Result: Not NEARLY as bad as the effects of the 2nd Pfizer dose.
Timing: About the same. Symptoms begin about 15-18 hours after injection.
This time I had no fever or headache or chills - just extreme tiredness and moderate weakness. After sleeping in and taking it easy the next day, back to normal.

Apparently, I had less antibodies after waiting 6 mo. after the 2nd dose, than I did after waiting 3 weeks from the 1st one.
Interesting. You wasted 3 minutes reading this thread, now go get your shot! :p

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
LOL. But seriously - the key in this issue is the ability to distinguish between encouragement and force. I happen to think people ought to get the shot, mostly, and I might share my opinion - but forcing them to is evil.
Just curious why did you get the booster? Are you in a particular category?

JonXL

Local time
Yesterday, 20:14
@Isaac, can I ask what the side effects were after the first and second doses?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@AccessBlaster the category of people who haven't seen a treadmill often enough. 🤣

@JonXL after the first dose I had no symptoms of any kind. After the second dose I had what I would consider serious symptoms, although totally endurable. About 18 hours after I got the second shot I began to experience a fever that lasted all night shaking and chills and headache. Then I was also weak and tired for another 24 hours. Whereas after this third booster shot it was nothing but weakness and tiredness.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:14
Result: Not NEARLY as bad as the effects of the 2nd Pfizer dose.
The post-vaccine symptoms appear random. My worst symptoms were after the first dose. The second dose just made my arm a bit sore, while the first one only did so moderately. But the nurse really jabbed in that needle for my second dose, so perhaps that could be part of the reason!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The post-vaccine symptoms appear random. My worst symptoms were after the first dose. The second dose just made my arm a bit sore, while the first one only did so moderately. But the nurse really jabbed in that needle for my second dose, so perhaps that could be part of the reason!

That's quite interesting indeed. Maybe you already had antibodies from COVID from having previously gotten it, which would explain symptoms after the first dose. Most people only had sickness after the second dose, as their system then had the fight in it. (According to information reported by CDC and others).

I assume you're referring to Pfizer.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:14
I had Astra Zeneca. I think it is unlikely that I caught Covid since I didn't go anywhere. Stayed at home for 99% of the time. And I used to sanitise all my home delivery shopping packaging with antibacterial spray. It used to take ages. Glad I don't have to do that anymore!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
Maybe you already had antibodies from COVID from having previously gotten it, which would explain symptoms after the first dose.
Well that would explain why the 1st dose put me down so hard. Is this a guess on your part or is there studies to back it up?

conception_native_0123

Local time
I think it is unlikely that I caught Covid since I didn't go anywhere.
i have never gone anywhere and I caught a 2-day head cold five days ago. everyone I keep in contact with at the hospital wanted me to get a covid test. I refused. 2 days later it was gone.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've now had both Pfizer vaccinations and this morning I got a COVID-19 booster (on advice of my internal medicine guy). For those who ask, I am over 65 and have some low-level flags for - how shall I say this? Less than perfect health. I also got the "senior dose" of the flu vaccine. So today, one in each arm.

So far, no symptoms. My first vaccination gave me about 24 hours of low-level achey muscles in my right shoulder. Second vaccination? Nothing. So far with the booster AND the flu shot at the same time, my deltoids are warm to the touch and VERY slightly sore (achey, nothing worse) when compared to other muscle bundles. Nothing else at the moment. If something crops up, I'll report it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I know many people who have gotten sick from taking the booster shot. that's why I refuse, although my hospital worker might recommend I get it anyway.

I know of people whose parents have died because they DIDN'T take the vaccine. The booster is NOT recommended for people under 60 as their immune systems are probably protected well enough by factors of youth. (That "under 60" tidbit was from my internal medicine guy, today!)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Well that would explain why the 1st dose put me down so hard. Is this a guess on your part or is there studies to back it up?
Don't know, it's just an educated guess on my part, given that if I google the subject, a myriad of articles come up (including the CDC's), which specify that most people experience symptoms after the second dose. Leading me to deduce that most of the vaccine-generated-symptoms come from the antibodies that your body builds up - which, I further conclude, happens from one of 2 ways: getting covid or getting the vaccine.

It is true that some people experienced significant symptoms after the first dose, but much fewer, and I'm just guessing they already had covid and thus antibodies.

But who knows, I'm no doctor - just a deducer (that sounds like something to slice apples)

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I know of people whose parents have died because they DIDN'T take the vaccine. The booster is NOT recommended for people under 60 as their immune systems are probably protected well enough by factors of youth. (That "under 60" tidbit was from my internal medicine guy, today!)
He didn't agree with the CDC's list of underlying conditions to add to the age aspect? Curious.
But I do know/agree that youth has always had a strong correlation with better covid results, just wondering if you really mean no underlying conditions thing.

Just heard about another old friend - haven't been friends with them for a decade, but they were very special to my wife and I back in Tulsa during our extra-youthful days. Husband is 60, died of COVID a couple weeks ago. Leaves a wife and 2 children.

This guy was one of the best people I've known. Firm Christian, smiling face 24/7/365, disciple, missionary, helper, serving others all the time, always had a word of encouragement for every person in his path of every type, age, shape, color, education, language, etc. heck of a guy. He managed the University food services through Sodexho/Mariott, and yet just about every faculty/staff/VP at the University (President included) went to the service.

It was after I heard about this death that I recommitted my efforts to get the booster. I don't want my wife to be like his wife is now. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom