Signature links (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:58
This site always had a strict policy of no signature links, but during my absence from the site, they crept in. When I found out I turned a blind eye. However, they seem to have crept up in volume.

Most forums either don't allow signature links at all, or allow one maximum. For now, I would cordially ask anyone with a signature link to keep it to a maximum of two links. Thank you.

Links only allowed if you have 1,000+ posts.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Sorry Jon,

I can see I have four, with one pointing to a thread here. I'll remove the error codes one and expand on the Philosophy link

Reactions: Jon

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:58
What people put in their signatures is a quite interesting, if perhaps sensitive, topic.
But all I'll say is I used to have a favorite, that linked to https://mattgemmell.com/what-have-you-tried/
Unfortunately, Matt seems to have felt it was too harsh and published an almost-retraction to this most excellent and compelling article. Still worth the read for newbies!

Dreamweaver

Local time
I'm guilty as well Jon I'll remove all except the first.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Mick, no worries. I appreciate you updating your signature.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
If anyone notices a member exceeding the signature link limit, it might be worth giving them a nudge. I prefer people to do it of their own volution rather than me getting heavy handed with it all.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Just a quick heads up for those who seem to have missed this thread: @isladogs @theDBguy

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I hadn't seen this thread until the alert prompt.
I have now removed all but two links. I would have done it before if you had contacted me via a PM.
However, for the benefit of all members, I think it would be helpful to explain why signature links are being restricted

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@isladogs If there was one person to be difficult about this issue, I expected it to be you. Your repeated desire to have confrontations with me will have consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom