Similar to search post (2 questiosn) (1 Viewer)

srideout2525

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:35
1. I have a list box on my form that I wish to use to select clients names, and have all their info show on the rest of the form. I can't seem to get it to work, it always prompts when I try opening the form. It's like it's looking for a value to open the form.

Any Help?

2. On my form I have a cmd button that opens a search form. When I select Find on my search form i ghet the standard access form, with the options to choose start of field, any part etc. Is there a simple way to just have a search field right on my form and click the cmd button , so id on;t have the Access search function show up?

Any help?

Thanks

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:35
Not sure if this example might help you created by DES. The bottom option might be what you are looking for. The find button displays the list box to choose your selection from and displays the results chosen. If it's not what you're looking for just post back.

Attachments

• searchingoptions.zip
    62 KB · Views: 202

Capilano

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:35
I would suggest the following.

Change the Record Source for the Main Form on the 'On Click' event for the List box. Here is the syntax:

Me.RecordSource = "SELECT TableName.* FROM TableName WHERE (((TableName.Client_No)=[Forms]![FormName]![ListName]));"

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom