Simple Yes/No Message Box (1 Viewer)

Mist

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:41
I have a 'delete' (maco) button on a form to delete the current record and then do the same in other tables. It works just fine but I want to add a warning message to it with the option to cancel deletion. Will appreciate some guidance here :confused: Thanks

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:41
You need to interrupt the delete action in the Before Delete Confirm and Delete events of the Form. I'm guessing the form is bound.

Your code could look like this:
Code:
Private Sub Form_BeforeDelConfirm(Cancel As Integer, Response As Integer)
    Response = acDataErrContinue
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Delete(Cancel As Integer)
    If MsgBox("Do you want to delete?", vbYesNo + vbExclamation, "Delete confirmation!") = vbNo Then
        Cancel = True
    End If
End Sub

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:41
why do you have to delete the record from more than one table?

Mist

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:41
It's a 'control' record from a table which accumulates related information from various other tables sharing a common reference number and each having a one-to-one relationship. Viewed together this 'accumulated' information describes the entity referred to by the reference number.

I can't put all the fields in one table as it would exceed the 255 field limitation by at least double.

Hence, when (if) I delete the control record I remove the related record from each of the data tables as well.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:41
I'm sensing that your tables may not be properly normalised. Have you thought about using Cascade Delete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom