Simultaneous Update via Form (1 Viewer)

T

Tiasis

I am interested in knowing if there is any limitation as to how many users can simultaneously post to a web form - which in turn updates an access database. And, how many users at one time can retrieve data from the database online.

Thanks,

Tiasis

BukHix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:10
There is not an easy answer for this question. There are so many variables that I don't think I can answer you in a way that isn't going to prompt more questions.

If you are expecting less then 20 people at a time in your form then I wouldn't worry about it in the least. However if you are expecting 20+ continuously you may want to consider SQL Server instead.

Having said that you may want to check out this site which boasts these numbers (as of when I posted this):

49 active users
2990 visitors today
5098 pages today

The site is Cover Your ASP. Although I couldn't find the link when I ljust looked for it I believe the entire thing runs of an Access Database.

I have also seen Snitz Forums which can run on Access handle 100+ people fine without any noticable degradation in performance.

Last edited:

BukHix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:10
I found it: Is it true that CoverYourASP runs on Access? How?

Yes, I'm still using Access 2000. No-one knows "the limit", but my site is perfectly fine with ~10,000 page views a day. It flies in the face of everything Microsoft and many experts will tell you, but here it is.

He also gives some tips on how we accomplshes this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom