Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast (1 Viewer)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 11:47
While enjoying my breakfast of kippers vindaloo, my message board alerted me to a question on the site. The Access industry in my area that require any levle of programming have seemed to evaporate. Every so often I get fooled into talking to some company that really want's some web development visual and programming language for a web site, expert MDX experience for SQL Server and a smattering of MS Access they just can't maintin. The hourly rate since Access is associated with a low-level bookkeeper is slightly under an Amazon box mover in he warehouse.
So, I have been off to Alternate Realities.
Next week, I take a FLIR certified class to enhance my skills. Yes, there are plenty of snake charmers with their $300 FLIR claiming to do "efficiency studies" I prefer the Flir C3 as a bare minimum. But, a wrench does not make a good plumber. It the knowledge of using any tool.
Completed the Certified Home Inspector and Commercial Building Inspection.
Still building up clients but it appears to be paying $100 / hr.
Also recently finished security process for Transportation including Maritime.
It is a considerable level up in pay. Will see how this goes.
While I miss DB and Programming, solving problems, I guess I missed being paid for my knowledge more.
We live in a world where everything is a simple App, no Quality Assurance or forward connectivity required. Plus, as the real economy slows, it seems few want to pay for quality applications.
I am off on a trip now, but Smoke me a Kipper.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:47
Good luck.

I think I recognise those signs...

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 10:47
And then you'll start using ACCESS to track what you are doing / customer tracking / customer invoicing / job scheduling...

And then you'll start working with a few buddies who all rely upon how your doing business...

Then you'll get your LLC set up...

And then you'll find out your still using ACCESS as your companies CIO, just now you'll be the one trying to ALSO figure out all the other requirements for your system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom