snowstorm (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 16:43
I hate to say this Darrell, but I'm glad you live far away from me. I'm taking from Richard's book now. Hitting where I can.

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:43
I hate to say this Darrell, but I'm glad you live far away from me. I'm taking from Richard's book now. Hitting where I can.
Ah there's the true spirit of Christianity I was looking for :ROFLMAO: And I don't know what you've got against Richard, I mean, Blessed are the peacemakers aren't they...?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Right now we are in our "roller coaster" season. Within two weeks we will have two hard freezes and two sequences of spring-like weather.

For us, a "hard freeze" means 26-29 degrees F for an early-morning low on the south shore of Lake Ponchartrain, maybe 19-24 on the north shore. We used to have snow about once every seven years but we missed our last turn for that seven years ago. What we have is not nearly so bad as some of you have had, I'll admit, but it's enough for our plumbers to lick their chops in anticipation of business fixing frozen pipes.

Then, the "balmy" weather comes in with early afternoon highs in the mid-70s. Not to mention spring-like rains. Fortunately, our local drainage department (Jefferson Parish, La, east-bank drainage district) just came by last week and blew debris out of our drainage lines so in today's rain we didn't have flooded streets.

It is good that when it gets cold here, it doesn't stay that way. But it is really bad that we have hot and cold alternating because that is how your body's disease resistance gets weakened.

never heard that saying before.

Considering that "blessed are the peacemakers" comes from the Beatitudes and is part of Jesus's Sermon on the Mount, I would think you MIGHT have come across it once or twice.

conception_native_0123

Local time
I would think you MIGHT have come across it once or twice.
i meant outside the bible. but then again, I haven't read the bible in any form in quite a while. Maybe I should start up again.

What we have is not nearly so bad as some of you have had, I'll admit, but it's enough for our plumbers to lick their chops in anticipation of business fixing frozen pipes.
makes me wonder what another 50 years of global warming will bring you guys. Hopefully not as bad as Florida!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Since I'm already 75, I'm not currently worried about another 50 years. Not trying to be maudlin or anything, but let's be honest. For me, another 50 years is not a good bet.

conception_native_0123

Local time
I just read another post of yours regarding you making it another 3 years only. I hope that's not the case richard! We would miss you around here sir.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If I make it past 3 years then I have beaten the odds that suggest that we often do as our parents did. As I said, not being maudlin, not being depressed about it. I'm keeping up with my doctor's suggested wellness checks, watching my diet, taking my meds. But this is yet another case of "Is it nature or nurture?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom