Some users cannot access sharepoint (1 Viewer)

George-Bowyer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:11
I have a database (MSAccess 2013) for my organisation with the BE in sharepoint and the FE on each user's own laptop/PC.

The sharepoint tables are hosted via my Office365 account.

I give each user an organisation email address (first.last@myorg.onmicrosoft.com) and they use that to log in when they connect to sharepoint.

That all works absolutely fine.

My problem is that some users already have other accounts with which they log into their Office Programmes day-to-day. They don't seem to be able to open my db unless they log out of their normal account and re-log in using the organisational email address that I have given them - which they do not want to do.

When they open my FE, they just get the circle of doom (hourglass) for ever. Nothing happens.

I have tried inviting them to share the site, but that doesn't work.

I am guessing that where I need to be is for them to get my "Site" showing as a "Connected Service" in their "Account" User Information.

The problem is that if I try to add the site, entering the correct address and log-in etc, I just get "We are having a server error - we cannot connect sharepoint at this time".

Same error message, every time, no matter whose account I am using.

Can anyone give any advice, please?

accedeholdings

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:11
Have you ever reported this to Sharepoint? Because I had the same problem, the tech experts at Sharepoint helped us through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom