someone good at relationships (1 Viewer)

joce

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:37
My data base is for farm auditing, so going round and answering lots of questions about a farm.

I want it so that i enter in the current customers name once at the start of the audit, then you can just click in and out of forms to complete the audit for that farm using the buttons I have made. So each table or form I move to, it will know it is still for that one customer.

I have made relationships but they arn't working. Could anyone help or have a look at my data base?

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:37
I have made relationships but they arn't working. Could anyone help or have a look at my data base?

I assume you meant to attach your Database.

Can't help much without it.

Suggest that you convert to 2003 if using 2007 or 2010. Not everyone has the latest versions.

bparkinson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:37
You could use TempVars, which are global, updateable, and destroyable. I use them to pass information between forms. You could have a form to select a farm, store that ID like this:

TempVars.Add ("FarmID"), iFarmID

Assuming iFarmID was set in the farm selection form.

Now FarmID is available everywhere.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:37
that functionality is not necessarily achieved by establishing a relationship

what a relationship does is enforce a rule (say) that an order has to have a customer. Therefore you cannot delete a customer if there are orders, and you cannot create an order, unless there is a matching customer.

The actual database implementation that means that when you select a customer, you then automatically see only the orders for that customer, (say) is nothing to do with the realtionship directly, but to do with the way you develop the forms and applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom