Sort of OT - Security certificates when Citrix is used (1 Viewer)

fredalina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:56
We access MS Access through a Citrix server, primarily for speed. I've been searching for a solution to the Security Warning and found the code located here: http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=Outlook-Send-E-mail-Without-Security-Warning, which works in a test database through Access on my desktop, but will not work through Access/Outlook via Citrix. I suspect it has to do with the certificate, which I was able to self-sign in the desktop but not through Citrix.

It's perhaps a long-shot, but does anyone have any solutions, either to create a certificate through Citrix or otherwise bypass the security warning that requires a 5-second wait and a click of the "Yes" button? Daily reporting must send 2 dozen emails daily, and this would free up a lot of time in the day for worthwhile tasks.

Thanks!

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 11:56
We access MS Access through a Citrix server, primarily for speed. I've been searching for a solution to the Security Warning and found the code located here: http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=Outlook-Send-E-mail-Without-Security-Warning, which works in a test database through Access on my desktop, but will not work through Access/Outlook via Citrix. I suspect it has to do with the certificate, which I was able to self-sign in the desktop but not through Citrix.

It's perhaps a long-shot, but does anyone have any solutions, either to create a certificate through Citrix or otherwise bypass the security warning that requires a 5-second wait and a click of the "Yes" button? Daily reporting must send 2 dozen emails daily, and this would free up a lot of time in the day for worthwhile tasks.

Thanks!

Do you have to use Outlook for sending?

Are you running an Exchange Server or some other SMTP server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom