Hi! (1 Viewer)

remoto

Local time
Yesterday, 22:08
It's great to be here! :) Looking through the posts I saw that many of us have been working with Access since many years ago (here since Office 2000 back in 1999)

This is a great place to be specially in times where everything is about the web and not the desktop, I really feel like home here!

I hope I can help because through the years I've solved common issues like: split a DB, make FE update automatically, keep logs of user activity, connect with Outlook, extract and change data from Excel spreadsheets and so on... and all this from a main Access app that interacts and control every other Office component available.

I'm very familiar with other technologies/languages so I know there are tasks where Access is not the right tool to use, but when it comes to develop a FAST solution that will be used by a few users nothing beat Access!

Off course you must follow some guidelines (add /decompile to the FE shortcut to avoid corruption, keep the FE frequently compacted, etc) but its been proved it can work flawlessly for ages!

I develop in Access on a daily basis. I'm lucky to have in my workplace everyone with Office installed (currently 2016 - 64bit) so I can rely on this to send mails, extract data from Excel files, parse data from web browsers and then making reports and so on, also when new requirements arrives I always find a way to make it work with Access!

Reading some post I've found that no matter how many years you've been developing there always something new to learn everyday so I want to share it here right now what I've learnt today

Did you know this?: If you add a textbox on a form it comes with a label that is connected to and it follows the control wherever you move it to.
If you delete that label and then afterwards you decide that you want it back, the new one gets "disconnected" from the text control and doesn't follow it anymore.

Well... just select the new label a press CTRL+X to cut it, then select the textbox and with the right button menu select Paste, and then the label gets pasted and connected to the textbox!
+20 yeasr of this and I didn't knew that :LOL:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:08
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:08
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:08
Hello and welcome (back) to the forum.