Sort Results of Continuous Search Form (1 Viewer)

freidaf

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:07
I have created a search form which displays results in a continuous form format. I want users to be able to sort the results by multiple fields, remove the sort, then if desired, sort again on different fields. I have both text boxes and list boxes on the form. Can anyone give me an example of how I might do this?

Thank you for your help

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
How did you do the search? Shouldn't you do the sort the same way? Like, if you did the search by editing the Form's Filter and FilterOn properties, it would make sense to implement the sort using the Form's OrderBy and OrderByOn properties. On the other hand, maybe you implemented the search by rebuilding the SQL WHERE clause from scratch. In that case, you should implement the sort by rebuilding the SQL ORDER BY clause from scratch.

The search and sort problems are very similar. I would solve them as similarly as possible.
hth
Mark

freidaf

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Mark, thank you for your suggestion. I was able to find a perfect solution for my project here:
http://www.databasedev.co.uk/downloads.html.

It is a pop up sort form that was intended for sorting a report on the fly in print preview mode but I was able to adapt it to work for my form.

I hope others will find it helpful too.

Thank you again for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom