Sorting column in chart (1 Viewer)

jzacharias

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:07
I have a chart that I can't figure out how to sort by my key_ID field. My other chart sorted properly, but this one won't. If I upload my database, would someone try and see what is wrong...spent a whole day messing with it and can't make it work.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 17:07
Then upload you database, how do you want it sorted?

jzacharias

Registered User.
Local time
I would like the Deputy Totals by Month (Datasheet View) to be sorted by Shift_ID which should list the shifts in the order of Days, Afternoons, Midnights, SRU, STU, OTD. The only way I can make it work is without setting the order by Shift_ID and it ends up in alphabetical order. I have to try and get the database smaller...It's at 2.5Mb

jzacharias

Registered User.
Local time
Here is the file

Attachments

• LCSO Ticket Stats 1-14-13 - Copy.accdb
    2 MB · Views: 92

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Are you thinking of sorted in this way?

Attachments

• Sorted.jpg
    Sorted.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 176

jzacharias

Registered User.
Local time
Yes... The report section works fine, I just can't get the chart to sort the same way.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Then I think it is the below you want.

Attachments

• Monthly.jpg
    Monthly.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 164
  • LCSO Ticket Stats 1-14-13 - Copy.accdb
    1.8 MB · Views: 85

jzacharias

Registered User.
Local time
I can't thank you enough. Although I don't comprehend what is going on behind the scenes to make it work, I am thrilled it works. I just can't believe it has to be so complicated to sort.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Yes it is a little bit tricky - you can't get it showed up sorted on this way you want, because the Shift_id is not at the x-axis.:)
Therefore, you first need to gather Shift_id and Shift together in the same field, like "001Day".
And since you can not change the field names in a query, you need to first create a temporary table, where you can change field names back to "Day".

jzacharias

Registered User.
Local time
In another report, I created charts and used shift_ID to sort which worked fine. I don't understand the difference with this chart. I am a beginner with access. Curious about the click event on the menu. It didn't pull up the report and not sure how the VBA plays a role in the report because when I transferred your query and table to my copy it worked fine without the VBA

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
You have to use the VBA behind the button.
The chart here is showing per month with the shift. I only saw one other chart in you database, and here was only the shift on the x-axis, (not first sorted on month).
Then show the chart. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom