Split database during construction? (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:57
You remind me of my youngest brother. Long story short, he always felt like a square peg surrounded by round holes, and could never understand why...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:57
Applications are living things. They evolve over time. At least the good ones evolve. The bad ones just die.

As to your table sample, I don't have a problem with it. Self referencing tables are common. Employee tables and bills of material are two examples. Queries to represent them in an orderly fashion can be complicated though

twgonder

Local time
Today, 03:57
You remind me of my youngest brother. Long story short, he always felt like a square peg surrounded by round holes, and could never understand why...
In the interest of civility, I'll abstain from extended comment.

Last edited:

twgonder

Local time
Today, 03:57
Applications are living things. They evolve over time. At least the good ones evolve. The bad ones just die.

As to your table sample, I don't have a problem with it. Self referencing tables are common. Employee tables and bills of material are two examples. Queries to represent them in an orderly fashion can be complicated though
Yes, but as you can see in the table sample, combo box headings and selection data as well as definitions for what could be ten tables (GEOgraphy) are somewhat cross-referencing ("cross" used as in cross-training--mixed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom