Split form datasheet on the bottom display column headers over multiple lines like in excel (1 Viewer)

dd*

Local time
Today, 16:25
On a split form - datasheet on the bottom

When I resize the columns, the results are unable to see the column headings.

Can I have headers displayed on multiple lines like excel allows for example
I resize the column to data width. Instead of the column heading displays like
Categor

Display the column heading over multiple lines. for example
Category
Date

or
Can I have a tool-tip for example when I hover my mouse over the column headings, a tool-tip displays showing the full column heading

TIA

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:25
I doubt it.
Add the relevant text to the Controltip property for the controls.
If a description was added in the table, that would appear in the status bar?

HTH

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:25
Can I have headers displayed on multiple lines like excel allows
No. Not on a form in DS view. If you want control of the layout, you will need to use Continuous Form view. That separates the headers and you can size them as you want and change their names to abbreviate if you need to.

DS is my preferred subform layout because the user has a lot of search methods built in to Access and he can rearrange th columns if he prefers. The downsides are:
1. Headers are one line and only as wide as the column
2. Header Default to column names which may not be userfriendly and developers forget to change them. So, instead of using computerfriendlycolumnnames, they use user friendly column names which become a problem with coding and queries.

dd*

Local time
Today, 16:25
Many thanks.

As a datasheet, Ive added the relevant text to the Controltip property for the controls.
The results, not so obvious in the Status Bar. I'll need to train the users to read the status bar, and the users are unlikely read the Status Bar.

Yes I'll use the Continuous form,as it allows renaming/ resizing of Column headers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom