Has anyone tried this yet:

Link

:confused:

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
Today, 05:35
Hi

I have started using SQL server 2005 standard edition, we have a server that runs reporting services in SQL server 2005.

So far I have mixed opinions, it all seems to be very GUI orrientated.
I set up some backup jobs on the 2005 server yesterday this seems to be much the same as before, but the Job history interface is much improved.

I will be going on a SQL server 2005 Admin course in London on 1st Feb, this couse will deal specifically with the differences between SQL server 2000 and SQL server 2005. So I will post when I get back and let you know more.

Susan Owen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:35
Hello!

You have such an interesting sign-on. So, do you think there are issues with Access 2003 and SQL-Server 2005? Rumor is that Access 2003 is not supported by SQL-Server 2005. We have running applications Access 2003 to SQL Server 2000, and are looking for any hints that would indicate problems we might have in upgrading to SQL Server 2005. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
Today, 00:35
I have had issues with your scenario Susan. Importing data to be more specific (using the Access import tools). I know I had a few other issues, but I haven't used access in quite some time now. so I can't remember.

Susan Owen

Registered User.
Local time
Kodo said:
I have had issues with your scenario Susan. Importing data to be more specific (using the Access import tools). I know I had a few other issues, but I haven't used access in quite some time now. so I can't remember.

Thanks for your info. If you were going to search for some info on this, how would you search for it? I'm drawing total blanks. Found out that Microsoft has a tool SSMA to do migration from MS-Access to MS-SQL, but haven't been able to find anybody having any specific problems because of SQL Server 2000 vs SQL Server 2005

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
Today, 00:35
sql 2005 has some differnt system objects and some underlying "plumbing" that access 2003 may not understand. By the way, I am referring of use of MS Access 2003 and 2005 where the access part is an ADP. I would venture a guess and say since ODBC is "universal" that there would be less issues that way.

maybe this might help
http://www.databaseadvisors.com/gazette/sqlexpress.htm

Susan Owen

Registered User.
Local time
Kodo said:
sql 2005 has some differnt system objects and some underlying "plumbing" that access 2003 may not understand. By the way, I am referring of use of MS Access 2003 and 2005 where the access part is an ADP. I would venture a guess and say since ODBC is "universal" that there would be less issues that way.

maybe this might help
http://www.databaseadvisors.com/gazette/sqlexpress.htm

Hi Kodo,

Thanks very much. This is just exactly what I was looking for and now I think I've gotten to the bottom of this mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom