SQLite in win10 access from Android (1 Viewer)

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:08
Hi gurus

Let's say I create a database in win 10 PC using SQLite. I believe with the right ODBC driver I can have a front end build with msAccess to use this backend.

My project is to use Rad studio xe5 to develop a front end in an Android device. I am now trying to figure out how the android connect to the Win PC SQLite backend database through the wifi. Pardon the clumsy way to break this missing knowledge

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:08
See Here:-

Connect To A SQLite Database With VBA In Excel​

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:08
I am now trying to figure out how the android connect to the Win PC SQLite backend database through the wifi.

I think I might have got the wrong end of the Stick as usual! Re-reading your question, I'm wondering, because you're using Android, I'm wondering if you should consider using something like Firebase? You can link firebase to MS Excel, and if you can link it to excel then you can probably link it to MS Access... See this Link:-

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:08
Not sure why you think you can use Access on an Android. If you use Citrix or Remote Desktop, you can run your app in a browser window and technically that will work on a phone but you will have no control over how the app is rendered on the phone. You have to make the form and that is the way it will look on your PC and on the phone.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Not sure why you think you can use Access on an Android. If you use Citrix or Remote Desktop, you can run your app in a browser window and technically that will work on a phone but you will have no control over how the app is rendered on the phone. You have to make the form and that is the way it will look on your PC and on the phone.
I don't think that's his question. I think he wants to connect to the data.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
"Access" is NOT a database engine. Jet and ACE are not optimized to be BE to a web process. Why would you ever use them when free options are available that are better suited?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom