Squatters have rights. Homeowner arrested (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:34
Is this America? Criminals have "rights". People can occupy your home and YOU get arrested for trying to get them to leave? People steal products off the shelves in your store and the police won't touch them? WHY are the Republicans supporting the Democrats in passing these laws that punish the victim instead of the criminal? In Seattle, if a criminal covers your building in graffiti, YOU get fined if YOU don't remove it in a timely manner and the criminal, even if caught on video, gets off scott free.

Graffiti is "free speech" and so protected so tagger gets off but property owner is fined if he doesn't remove the graffiti.
However, the onus of cleaning up graffiti falls on property owners themselves in many cases. Seattle’s graffiti nuisance ordinance requires owners to remove vandalism on their property within 10 days of receiving a city notice for reported graffiti. If property owners don’t remove the graffiti within the 10-day window and up to 48 hours before a hearing, the city hearing examiner will charge the owner a $100 fine per day, with a maximum of $5,000.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 05:34
Is that all you have? Those stories are outrage-engine clickbait. In America you used to be able to buy and sell human beings.
The arc of history tends towards justice. If you disagree, you are probably selling something.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
All? That's a lot. All she has? That's all I need to know some laws need an overhaul. Everyone knows the squatter problem has become quite an issue. It was exacerbated during/because of Covid (like oh so many things where the Democrats decided to grab power with Covid as their excuse). Evictions are a nightmare, the law is becoming anti-landlord.

And as for the arc of history tending toward justice, that sounds like a lazy way of saying, "Just go with the majority, I cannot think for myself".

The arc of history has nothing to do with justice, just ask any civilization at the time it was on the rise.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:34
In America you used to be able to buy and sell human beings.
You still can. It just doesn't happen in the town square any more. How many of those people who are crossing our border illegally can afford to pay the cartels the going rate of $5,000 - $10,000? If they had that much money, why did they leave their home country where they would have been well off? You are aware I hope that the Cartels control our southern border, right? Nobody crosses for free, unless we fly them in on special flights at taxpayer expense. We've flown over 300,000 in this way. All those people brought in by the cartels are "owned" until they pay their debt. Granted, they sold themselves into slavery but many are women who were tricked into prostitution or children who were sold by their parents. Slavery is alive and well all over the world. It is just below the surface of society. I had a personal encounter with it when I was working in Kuwait and I unknowingly hired a runaway slave to be my housekeeper.

Are you really OK with the rampant shoplifting that goes unpunished? The personal attacks that happen every day on the streets of big cities? Have you seen the pictures of the unregistered scooters parked in front of the hotels housing illegal aliens? How about the video of the illegals riding the scooters and grabbing purses from unlucky women?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
You still can. It just doesn't happen in the town square any more. How many of those people who are crossing our border illegally can afford to pay the cartels the going rate of $5,000 - $10,000? If they had that much money, why did they leave their home country where they would have been well off? You are aware I hope that the Cartels control our southern border, right? Nobody crosses for free, unless we fly them in on special flights at taxpayer expense. We've flown over 300,000 in this way. All those people brought in by the cartels are "owned" until they pay their debt. Granted, they sold themselves into slavery but many are women who were tricked into prostitution or children who were sold by their parents. Slavery is alive and well all over the world. It is just below the surface of society. I had a personal encounter with it when I was working in Kuwait and I unknowingly hired a runaway slave to be my housekeeper.

Are you really OK with the rampant shoplifting that goes unpunished? The personal attacks that happen every day on the streets of big cities? Have you seen the pictures of the unregistered scooters parked in front of the hotels housing illegal aliens? How about the video of the illegals riding the scooters and grabbing purses from unlucky women?

I worry that a large % of the females, of a certain look or age, are beholden to cartels who then operate inside the usa to have them pay off their debt............Open borders are horrifically unkind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom