SSRS Pass web form value to report text box (1 Viewer)

petehilljnr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:59
Gidday folks,

What I'm trying to do is pass the values of a textbox on my web form to a textbox on my report.

Here's what I've done so far (and I am open to suggestions of ways to do this better as I am a novice using Visual Studio 2005).

I created a DataSet to a table in Access.
I added some parameters in my dataset to filter down to a date period: e.g. "SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE dtmDate > ?"
I then created my web form with a textbox (called txtMyDate) and dragged the ReportViewer control on the page.
I created a small test report with the fields from my dataset.
Back on the web form, I configured the data source so that the parameter looks for the control txtMyDate for it's value.
Everything so far works absolutely fine for me. I've got events to refresh the report when the textbox changes so no probs.

However - I want the value from txtMyDate to appear on my report.

On the report - I've put a text box and in it I've got: ="Dates from " & ... then I don't know how to reference that text box on my web form.

The fact that it's a parameter I'm not worried about. It could be any string not related to the report data but pulled from the web form that I might want displayed on my report. I'm just not sure how.

I'm quite happy to slap myself on the forehead and say "D'OH" if this is easy. Can anyone help?

Regards,
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom