Startup table (1 Viewer)

theantz

Local time
Today, 13:50
Hi,

I have taken over an old access database for development.

I have one small problem but bit annoying.

When I open the database, a certain table always opens up upon starup. Worse, it is on top of my main form which I setup to be the startup form.

Since I have set the startup form correctly, I can't figure out what triggers this table to open on start.

I checked the modules and VBA codes and nothing in there.

Anywhere else this can be set?

Thanks

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:50
Any Macros? If not then you need to look the all the Modules for that table name (use Find).

theantz

Local time
Today, 13:50
First, Thank you both for the reply.

@Grumm
I have my startup form there. Which works OK. That's not the problem. The problem is a table also opens on top of my startup form

@GinaWhipp
I am the one who started coding. There was no code before. The problem is already there before I code.

Someone told me from the old version there was a an option to set several items to open at start up. On new version I only see one for form.

The database was created from Access 2010. I'm now using Access Office 365. That would make my access version 2016 (i think)

Thanks

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Old or new there is only one place to set one thing to open on Start up, so that person is incorrect. That said, I recommend importing all the objects into a clean file and see if the problem persists. If so, what is the name of the table that opens?

Oh, Access 365, are you building a web app? Or is this a desktop database?

TJPoorman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:50
Is there a macro called "AutoExec"? This can fire multiple things on startup.
Moreover, I believe this is fired after the "Startup Form" opens which would put the table on top.

Fuse3k

Registered User.
Local time
Did you check File -> Options -> Current Database -> Display Form?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom