Status of DatabaseAnswers.org ??? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:59
Welcome aboard. You can't post links or files until you have made enough posts for us to determine you are legit:)

s1guy

Local time
I've noticed in the last few days that Barry Williams' site DatabaseAnswers.org is no longer available.
It has been a long standing reference site for sample Data Models and related info.
Does anyone have knowledge of status and/or future of this resource?
FYI. I just purchased the domain a few days back and I'm working hard to revive it. It's a lot of work with other 1800 data models he created for everything under the sun, but I'm working on it. I'm trying to make sure all of the pages are optimized for search with content, so a slow process. I'm not sure what happened to Barry, but I loved the website and bought it from someone else that wasn't Barry.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:59
@s1guy
Sounds good! Thanks for taking this on. Are you able to give an approximate timescale for getting this back online?
Would you care to give us your name so we can mention this to others who ask about the site.

s1guy

Local time
@s1guy
Sounds good! Thanks for taking this on. Are you able to give an approximate timescale for getting this back online?
Would you care to give us your name so we can mention this to others who ask about the site.
Donnie Keith. I'm working on it myself, so could take a while. I'm hopeful I can get it all done within the next 90 days. The website is redirecting to my site now, so it's up just not complete yet.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Donnie. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your interest in DatabaseAnswers?

s1guy

Local time
Thanks Donnie. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your interest in DatabaseAnswers?
I'm retired Army, I started building MS Access databases in 1998 while stationed in Germany to build military HR databases. I still mess around with MS Access to help with analyst-type work when I need to create some join tables but mostly work on business intelligence systems these days. I'm starting to take an interest in SQL Server these days. I've referenced the DatabaseAnswers website for many years, and I feel it's important to the overall database-building community to keep it going. I plan to make newer data models using the Oracle Data Modeler software as well as start providing the SQL statements with the data models in the future.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I'm retired Army, I started building MS Access databases in 1998 while stationed in Germany to build military HR databases. I still mess around with MS Access to help with analyst-type work when I need to create some join tables but mostly work on business intelligence systems these days. I'm starting to take an interest in SQL Server these days. I've referenced the DatabaseAnswers website for many years, and I feel it's important to the overall database-building community to keep it going. I plan to make newer data models using the Oracle Data Modeler software as well as start providing the SQL statements with the data models in the future.
That explains the "S1" in your title. Were I retired Army (instead of Navy), I would be the "S4Guy". Welcome aboard!

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 08:59
FYI. I just purchased the domain a few days back and I'm working hard to revive it. It's a lot of work with other 1800 data models he created for everything under the sun, but I'm working on it. I'm trying to make sure all of the pages are optimized for search with content, so a slow process. I'm not sure what happened to Barry, but I loved the website and bought it from someone else that wasn't Barry.
That's terrific. If there's anything we can do to help, reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom