Status of DatabaseAnswers.org ??? (1 Viewer)

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:59

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
@jdraw too bad he didn't put them on YouTube ... they'd still be there ;)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:59
I agree it would be nice to have them accessible. I am not an Excel person, and do not know Mike Alexander. I have used, studied and recommended the Access tutorials from DataPigTechnologies in the past.

The latest info (~2016) I found is
Michael Alexander is a Microsoft Certified Application Developer and author of several books on Microsoft Access and Excel. He runs a free tutorial site at datapigtechnologies.com.

If someone knows him, he may be amenable to having those videos converted as oleronesoftwares says.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:59
This thread reminds me of the guy who ran Datapig Technologies. His approach to Access was simple and easy to follow. The only thing I see now is Excel related articles, the Access stuff just seemed to vanish.

Edit: I had not notice Jdraw already posted DataPigTechnologies, hadn't had my coffee yet!:whistle:

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The videos won't play because Flash isn't supported.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Maybe Mike will convert them, maybe YouTube can, or if he'll share them with me, then I can probably convert them too

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@crystal,
It's definitely worth a try. oleronesoftwares said it could be done, I don't now if that was meant to say "and I am a volunteer for same".

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Crystal,
That's great news! I'm sure those videos will help many.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We're all getting old and some of the great contributors from the past are retired and don't have the means or inclination to maintain their libraries of articles, videos, and samples. Does anyone have any ideas on a way to keep this old stuff accessible as much as possible? Maybe a group of people could agree to take on websites that retirees can no longer maintain. I know Arvin does a lot of this but Arvin is getting up there also. Does he have a succession plan?

I've converted most of my old databases to .accdb format but I still have a few that are probably 2.0 and I don't have any version of Access old enough to convert them.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 04:59
We're all getting old and some of the great contributors from the past are retired and don't have the means or inclination to maintain their libraries of articles, videos, and samples. Does anyone have any ideas on a way to keep this old stuff accessible as much as possible? Maybe a group of people could agree to take on websites that retirees can no longer maintain. I know Arvin does a lot of this but Arvin is getting up there also. Does he have a succession plan?

I've converted most of my old databases to .accdb format but I still have a few that are probably 2.0 and I don't have any version of Access old enough to convert them.
Juan Soto has taken on some sites, like Bob Larson's BTab. I like the idea of a more permanent, ahem, museum and would be happy to help somehow.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Juan puts his ads on all the pages too -- not saying it's still not a consideration, but definitely something to think about. Arvin does NOT do that, but he too is getting up there.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
For anyone stumbling upon, or actively seeking information related to, DataPig Technologies tutorial videos please read on. In the late 90's and early 2000's DataPig was a very helpful and often referenced site with many examples and tips for Access and its use. Sadly, those videos and the site were removed around 2015. As part of this thread, Crystal/strive4peace investigated and found that DataPig creator, Mike Alexander, had the videos and offered them for installation on her site. The videos have been resurrected from the original format and are now available at Crystal's site.

I hope you enjoy and learn from these videos as many of us have. Here are the links to the DataPig videos:

DataPig Queries

DataPig Form Basics

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom