Still need help (1 Viewer)

mark curtis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:33
I am sorry but I have asked this question a few times but still can not seem to work it out:

I have a report that loads many subreports and what I want to do is hide all the subreport controls if part of the subreport is null. I do not know how to code the OnNoData, so I am at the mercy of the experts.

Thanks
Mark

Chris RR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:33
I'm not sure that I understand the problem completely, but maybe this will help.

If you had a single report that didn't bring back any records, you'd set the OnNoData property of that report to either a macro or some code. In the macro (or VBA code), you'd put out a msgbox that explains the situation, then use the CancelEvent action (in a macro) or in code you'd set the Cancel argument of the Report_NoData sub procedure to true.

For a subreport, I think you'd skip the msgbox & just do the cancel, but that's a guess.

Or is it that you are left with big, blank gaps in the main report? For gaps, maybe try setting the "can shrink" property of the subreport to Yes (this is the setting that you see in the main report.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom