stock control (1 Viewer)

ausajid

Local time
Today, 12:23
hi, i have made stock control spreadsheets in excel. i want to make simple db in access.

db should be as

receipts issue and balance. for example i have a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h in stock and i have 1, 2, 3... projects in which either some of a to h are used or all a to h are used. after issuing a to h, how can i get the balance, the how many a's, b's.... are still in stock. and after receipt of a's, b's.... balance should be increased by that qty. any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:23
This is way too broad a question. You are asking us to build your app for you. Please try to focus on smaller aspects of the problem.

ausajid

Local time
thank you for your time, i will try to build a small project first.

ausajid

Local time
hi,

i made a database in which i have form and sub form. i am using sub form as datasheet where i have around 15 column. in these 15 columns i have 8 check boxes. when i made this form and sub form i had just few rows in the table as dummy data to test the form. i had filters working on all column with the dummy data,. after copying the real data from another copy (master copy), the filters are not working on check boxes columns.

any help from any body will be appreciate,

thanks in advance.

regards

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 15:23
You can download the Microsoft Northwind database. They do inventory management in there.

The Northwind sample database for Microsoft Access is not available on the Microsoft Download Center. To install Northwind directly from within Access, do the following things:

Open Access.

Enter Northwind in the Search for Online Templates box, and then select Enter.

On the results screen, select Northwind. A new window opens with a description of the Northwind database.

In the new window, in the File Name text box, provide a filename for your copy of the Northwind database.

Select Create. Access downloads the Northwind database and prepares the file.

When this process is complete, the database opens with a Welcome screen.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 14:23
i made a database in which i have form and sub form....any help from any body will be appreciate,

Yes, throw away your forms and forget about them for at least a week. Forms are not your database. They are the 4th most important thing of your database. The development process should be this:

Tables then Reports and the Queries to support them, then Forms.

You've posted all the classical red flags that I am certain your tables are improperly set up. You need to get those right first and foremost. Can you set up the Relationship Tool in Access, link everything appropriately, expand the tables so we can see all the fields, screenshot it and then post it here so we can validate it?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:23
hi,

i made a database in which i have form and sub form. i am using sub form as datasheet where i have around 15 column. in these 15 columns i have 8 check boxes. when i made this form and sub form i had just few rows in the table as dummy data to test the form. i had filters working on all column with the dummy data,. after copying the real data from another copy (master copy), the filters are not working on check boxes columns.

any help from any body will be appreciate,

thanks in advance.

regards

Basically what you're saying is, it used to work, I added some different data and it's stopped working. That's not a lot to go on is it! ...

I think you need to provide more information and probably some sample data. However if I were to make a stab in the dark, the filters will be applied to the table data, not the form, so your problem is probably in the tables.

If you are calling your filters with VBA, from but command buttons or something, then maybe the command buttons have become disconnected from the VBA?

But really I have no idea what to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom